Your HVAC system requires the same dedicated care and preventative maintenance as your car. Without regular checkups and a trusted, honest technician to care for your system, you could easily find yourself without heat or air conditioning or, at the very least, paying way too much per month to power your home or business. What are the signs of a great HVAC company you can trust? Today we cover the top five factors to consider when picking an HVAC maintenance partner.
1. Licensing and Experience – One of the most important factors is licensing and certifications. You will want to make sure the company’s technicians are certified through a creditable organization like North American Technician Excellence (NATE) to ensure that an employee’s experience and licensing reflects the quality of their education and skill. All technicians at Gorman Mechanical are NATE-certified and possess an average of 18 industry years of experience.
2. Home Evaluations – You always want to make sure an HVAC company will come to your home to conduct an evaluation. This evaluation is the best way possible to determine what specific heating and cooling solutions you need, depending on your home’s square footage, R-value of insulation, and the number of windows and which direction they face. If your technicians are not sniffing out these details, find someone else.
3. References – What other people in your area think about an HVAC company speaks volumes. Check out Google, Yelp, and Facebook for reviews. Other great places to check on a company’s reputation is through the Better Business Bureau and Angie’s List. With Gorman Mechanical, hop on the two latter sites and you will see we have an “A+” rating with the BBB and a “Super Service Award” from Angie’s List. Another organization to check out would be Air Conditioning Contractors of America.
4. Clean and Sharp – You can tell how much care a tech or company puts into their work by the appearance of their trucks and uniforms. If your tech shows up in a spotless, well-maintained truck with a crisp uniform and a smile, you can bet you have someone helping you who truly cares about doing a great job.
5. Efficiency and Punctuality – Just as important as the other factors in this list, an exceptional HVAC company is known for their high-efficiency products and punctuality. When you ask questions about products, you should be directed toward the most efficient systems to help you save money overall on your investment. Gorman Mechanical, for example, sells Energy Star models that meet the government’s strong requirements for efficiency.
When it comes to punctuality, all technicians should arrive promptly at the time of your appointment and work precisely yet with speed to ensure the job is done correctly without wasting your time.
To learn more about signs of a great HVAC company, give us a call at (817) 238-1616 and we will talk about our values with you. If you would like to set up an appointment just contact us today.
Gorman Mechanical is interested in complete customer satisfaction and delivers on promises made. I have been completely satisfied with their integrity, honesty, customer loyalty, thoroughness and continued to follow up. I feel fortunate to have located their outstanding company among the many in the industry.- Mark
Gorman Mechanical installed a brand new cooling and heating system in my home. The replacement unit was larger and more energy-efficient. Our house has never been cooler and our energy bill even went down…. I highly recommend them and their services.- Thomas
I had an issue with my A/C unit not cooling properly. The technician, Stacy, arrived during the time frame I was given, and I received a phone call about 30 minutes prior to his arrival, letting me know he was on his way. He was very professional and conscientious in figuring out and explaining the issue to me. He work was complete in a little over an hour and my house is cool once again! I will definitely refer Gorman Mechanical to others.- S.M.
A Gorman technician came over to set us up with a new A/C unit and he did a phenomenal job. He was very up front with any cost and got our install scheduled in one day. He did a great job at getting me the unit needed without running the price through the roof.- Allen
I met with Gorman Mechanical’s Sales Manager. When he came out I had a bad taste in my mouth due to some misrepresentations made by another company that happened to be A rated on Angie’s List. Because of this I’m certain I was on the defensive and asked a million questions. He was very patient and took plenty of time answering all my questions. He was very knowledgeable and helped educate me on my options and the advantages/shortfalls of each. When I came to the actual bid, I felt it was very competitive compared to other bids I’d received. I felt so well informed and confident at that point I cancelled two other appointments I’d made for that day and signed up with Gorman Mechanical. He was able to promptly arrange a great deal on financing the bulk of the cost, leaving me to pay out of pocket for a couple last minute additions (extended warranty/Reme Halo). They did not want this until installation was complete. A couple days later they installed my new system and I’ve been very happy with it. Shortly after installation I had several other questions about maintenance and a small amount that was overcharged upon installation. He was very responsive answering my questions and arranging for a prompt refund check to be sent. Fortunately, it isn’t often that I need to spend so much money on an important purchase like this, but I felt very confident with my decision and going through the process with him and Gorman Mechanical made it painless. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Gorman Mechanical to friends and family.- Rick
The repairman, Tim H., was prompt and courteous. I explained that he was a second opinion for our 21-year-old AC. The first company said that I would need 2 parts totaling $600 plus a coil that they would have to send a salesman out to quote me a price. Also first company was suggesting that I really needed whole new system. After inspection, Tim showed me how a part was wired the wrong way and he replaced a compactor and repaired a burnt wire. 2 lbs Freon were added. Total cost was retail: $217.75. I had a warranty so I paid less but what a difference in $600.00+ and $217.75! AC is working fine now. And we didn’t have to buy a new system. Thanks, Gorman Mechanical and Tim H.! The world needs more honest repairmen like you!- Jeannie